Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

BUSHBALL THIS WEEKEND

Last post 27-05-2011, 6:54 PM by craig. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  23-05-2011, 11:32 PM 5911

BUSHBALL THIS WEEKEND

Bushball this year is themed: "A Right Royal Affair" so wear a ridiculous hat or come dressed as a princess. Don't forget it is a ball so if you cant think of anything come fomal not as a tramper! Check out the poster.

Tickets for Bushball are $10.  Get you tickets on Tuesday's meeting.  Ticket sales goes into covering our costs such as generator hire, lighting etc.  Any surplus cash will go into complementary drinks but it is a BYO affair.

What to Bring
    We will have lots of shelter pitched around the hut for people to party under but bring your usual tramping gear, ball attire, and a tent if you have one...  Dont forget to bring some food along and DONT FORGET YOUR BOOZE.

Getting there getting away
    Meeting on Saturday 12pm at the hunter carpark at the uni and their will be rides leaving from there.  It is only a short drive but bring some coin to give your driver.  If you have a car bring it along.

If you want to come in later feel free.  There may also be some people leaving a bit later who could reply to this post.  Here is a map on how to drive there and how to walk there

Sleeping
    What!! there will be no sleeping!! But if you do want to take a break, bring a tent, find someone elses or the club will supply some flys.

Want to help out setting things up?
    There will be a group of us leaving earlier on the Saturday to get things set up and ready.  If you want to help out with this, let me know.

Got any questions?
    Feel free to ask

•  25-05-2011, 12:22 PM 5914 in reply to 5911

BUSHBALL THIS WEEKEND - Want to leave a little later

So if you cant make 12pm to get a lift into Bushball?  No problems! You can either find your own way there or contact one of these guys

Ride leaving aroun 2PM

Beth 0274697960

Ride leaving around 6pm

Mike E 0277731396 or mjeatson@gmail.com

Ride around 4pm

Jasons mate - Contact Jason 021 804196 activnz@gmail.com

•  25-05-2011, 12:43 PM 5915 in reply to 5914

Re: BUSHBALL THIS WEEKEND - FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Question

Is bush ball is going ahead rain/gales or shine?

Answer

Yes!!! Bushball will happen rain shine snow hail!! It is a short walk in and we are setting up plenty of shelter around the hut.  We are pitching up several large industrial awnings.  The weather forecast is looking ok for bushball and is improving from Saturday morning to SUN! on Sunday

Question

Can I bring friends even if they are not club members?

Answer

Yes! Bushball is open to absolutely everyone and the more people the better!

Question

I haven’t signed up can I still come.

Answer

Yes! Just turn up at the Hunter Car park at 12pm on Saturday and buy a ticket from Tom.  Bushball is a bit different from a regular club trip, there are no sign up forms just turn up and it will be all good.  If you have a car bring it along to help us out with transport.

Question

Do I need to bring my own alcohol?

Answer

YES!! Bushball is BYO! The ticket price goes into covering our costs such as generator hire.  Any excess cash we have we will use to buy some beverages for drink stops on the way.

•  25-05-2011, 11:24 PM 5917 in reply to 5911

Re: BUSHBALL THIS WEEKEND

HEYA GUYS!
    um appreantly I'm selling tickets on Friday so...

If you still want to come to Bush Ball this weekend and havent got tickets yet..

!!!LAST MINUTE TICKET SALES!!! 

TIME: Friday 10-12 and 2-4

Where: Kelburn campus Library foyer

COST: $10

•  26-05-2011, 3:20 PM 5918 in reply to 5917

BUSHBALL THIS WEEKEND - parking for cars

So, in terms of car parking out there.  There are two options:

• The top road end which can be a bit dodgy if the upper huttians are on form

• YMCA camp which is good and safe but slightly more walking (not much really). The deal is drive through the gate (preferably open it) there is some sort of doc sign, park somewhere sensible and put a donation in the red donations box.
  •  27-05-2011, 7:39 AM 5920 in reply to 5917

Hi guys,

The car at 2pm is now full :)

Beth

Secretary
    027 4697960 / bethparkin@hotmail.com
  •  27-05-2011, 6:27 PM 5921 in reply to 5911

hey guys,

what's the difficulty of the tramp? would a slight ankle injury be a problem?

thanks!!

•  27-05-2011, 6:54 PM 5922 in reply to 5921

As easy as they come, about an 1:30 - 2:00 hours over easy terrain.

You would have to be the judge on your ankle injury if it is slight I would say it is ok

View as RSS news feed in XML